Get set go to fight against monsoon diseases
Monsoon season brings refreshment but also certain health challenges with it. We often neglect the importance of a healthy body until it gets worse. The rainy season is indubitably mesmerizing but don’t forget that it also brings fatal infections and diseases. In a nutshell, you need to keep some precautions to strengthen your immune system to fight against monsoon diseases. If any of the rainy infections are left unattended then, it will lead to various complications.
Why do we need precautions during the monsoon?
We cannot turn a blind eye to the diseases that come with the monsoon. Different seasons bring different changes in our body. Due to such transitions, our body will need time to get accustomed with the new weather. During that time, our immune system weakens and responds easily to any infection or disease. This is why we should take some precautions. There are various monsoon diseases such as dengue, malaria, cholera, chikungunya, typhoid, influenza, viral fever, diarrhea and many more. Water-borne diseases are extremely dreadful and can snatch one’s life.
How to keep precautions during monsoon?
There are a plethora of ways to keep these diseases and infections away. You can use following preventive measures:
- Use mosquito nets in your room while sleeping
- Use repellent creams such as odomos
- You can use mosquito coils that can kill the mosquitoes
- Prepare a monsoon diet
- Most importantly, get health check up
- Drink boiled or filtered water
- Avoid eating unhygienic food
- Do not eat open food
Above everything, a health check up during the monsoon is mandatory because diseases such as cholera, malaria, typhoid and dengue can be life-threatening. Preventive health check ups in monsoon can give an overview of your overall health condition. A full body check up can enlighten you of the changes occurring in your body and will save you from the dreadful diseases.
Monsoon Diseases and diagnoses:
Here are the most common monsoon diseases and important tests to detect them.
- Dengue: It is the most common monsoon disease caused by the Aedes Aegypti mosquito. You will need to get a complete blood count test and platelet counts. Moreover, NS1 Dengue Antigen detectionand Dengue IgM are other routinely done tests.
- Chikungunya: It is caused by the bite of infected Aedes Albopictus mosquitoes. It gives out the long term effect. Virus isolation test and chikungunya IgM test are done to detect chikungunya.
- Malaria: It is one of the most common water-borne diseases. It is transmitted by the bite of a female Anopheles mosquito which breeds in stagnant or dirty water. You will need to have CBC, malarial parasite detection tests are ideal tests to detect malaria.
- Typhoid: It is caused by drinking contaminated water or food. This disease can aggravate the health with the spread. Blood culture, Rapid Typhi IgM and widal are the commonly done tests.
There are other diseases also such as hepatitis A, influenza, viral fever etc which needs to be tested on time. Though the rainy season is a moment to have fun, it is also important to take care of our health. Better keep precaution before than suffer later. We care for you; this is why we are offering preventive rainy season medical checkups at Concept Diagnostics, it is proven as the most effective measure to stay safe.
We are looking forward to modifying your lifestyle and improving the quality of your life!