Hemoglobin HbA1c Test: Check your Diabetes now
A hemoglobin A1c test is simple blood test, used to evaluate the amount of glucose bound in the hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is the part of RBC which conveys oxygen from your lungs to the rest of your body. This test presents the information about past two or three months showing the average amount of glucose attached to hemoglobin as the life span of RBC is for round about 3 months
Get HbA1c test is to know if you have symptoms of diabetes or you have type2 diabetes or if you are controlling diabetes. This test helps a lot to manage your diabetes. This test also recognized by other names as HbA1c, A1c, glycohemoglobin, glycated hemoglobin, glycosylated hemoglobin
If your HbA1c levels are more than normal, it probably be a sign of diabetes, a chronic condition that can cause severe health problems, including heart disease, kidney disease, and nerve damage.
What is the purpose of HbA1c test?
- This test used to check for diabetes or if you are at risk of prediabetes i.e., high sugar levels may get you diabetes in future.
- To check the percentage of your RBC which may have sugar coated hemoglobin
- If you are managing your diabetes or glucose level, so this test will help you to check recovery
- This test is not used for gestational diabetes
- Also, if you have medical conditions like anemiaor another type of blood disorder, an HbA1c test may be less precise for detecting diabetes. If you have one of these disorders and are at risk for diabetes
Who needs HbA1c test?
- If your age is above 45 years then there is a risk of getting diabetes
- Have risk factor of prediabetes
- If you are obese
- In case, your result is normal but you’re over 45, have risk factors, or have ever had gestational diabetes, repeat the A1C test every 3 years.
- If you don’t have symptoms but your result shows you have prediabetes or diabetes, get a second test on a different day to confirm the result
- Even if your reports are normal, get tested every 3 years
- If your reports shows that you have prediabetes, get tested every 1 or 2 years
What are the risk factors for above 45?
- Blood pressure problems
- Medical condition related to heart
- Physically inactive
What are the symptoms to get this test?
- Frequent peeing
- Feels too much thirsty
- Blurry vision
- Increased hunger
How is HbA1c test performed?
Our health care provider will draw your blood for the sample from the vein in your arm by a small thin needle. Once the blood is collected, it will be sent to the laboratory for the further probe. This will not even take 5 minutes
|Reports||Amount in %|
|Normal||HbA1c below 5.7%|
|Pre-diabetes||HbA1c Between 5.7% – 6.7%|
|Diabetes||HbA1c above 6.5%|
At Concept Diagnostics, we provide comprehensive tests under single roof at affordable cost. Get your reports within short span of time. If you have any concern related to your health contact us! Our health provider will guide you the best!