How can I check my heart’s health?
It is quite obvious that before moving to any screening, your doctor will perform a physical examination and later will check the medical history of the patient and his/her family. After this, in accordance with the condition of patient, doctor will recommend further tests to diagnose heart diseases if any.
On the top of it, blood test and chest x-ray are the basic tests which will need to get done before any tests to diagnose heart disease. Our doctor will choose the best suitable test according to your body’s need. Know about all the tests below,
- Exercise stress test: This is also recognized as treadmill test. You will need to walk on the treadmill as a part of physically exercise which can help to know, how well you heart works when you are physically active.
- Electrocardiogram: It is sometimes known as ECG or EKG. It is a speedy and non-invasive test which helps in recording the electrical signals in your heart. It can easily detect if there are any abnormalities in heartbeats. Tiny sticky dots and wire leads are sticked on your chest, arms and legs. The leads are attached to an ECG machine that records the electrical impulses and record them out on paper. You can have this test while you are on rest or working out.
- Echocardiogram: This test is quick and painless whereby sound waves are used to produced an elaborated image of your heart’s anatomy. It helps to see how your heart beats and about pumping blood. Your heart valves and heart muscles can be evaluated.
- Holter monitoring: A Holter monitor is a portable ECG device. You need to wear it to incessantly record the rhythm of your heart, usually 1-2 days. A regular ECG cannot detect the rhythm problem but by this test, it can be easily identified.
- CT Scan: Cardiac computerized tomography scan, a patient will have to lie in a machine, in which there is an x-ray tube, which rotates around the body and captures the images of overall chest and heart. So, if there are any abnormalities, can be easily detected through CT scan.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance imagining): Magnetic Field and computer-generated radio waves are made in use to create elaborated pictures of your heart in cardiac MRI.
- Coronary Angiogram: This test is usually performed after heart attack. A small tube called catheter is inserted in your leg, arm or wrist. Subsequently, injection of a special dye into arteries. This is performed under X-ray so as to monitor properly and capture images of heart. Issues like clogged or blocked arteries, flow of blood in arteries, blood vessels and valves can be detected by tracking the dye on X-ray images. This test is sometimes recognized as Cardiac Catheterization.
At Concept Diagnostics, each and every test is available at economical cost. The best thing is you can get an elaborated report and a cardiologist consultation so it can help you make a right decision regarding further treatment. Contact us now!